Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So called horse trainers...

BLW and I sent our filly from DX Quarter Horses to get some rides put on her. I dropped her off mid-November and did not get her back till Jan 31. Mind you to get about 20 rides on her. I kept telling him that I could come get her anytime. He kept telling me he need more time to ride her. She lost weight, more than she should have. He said it was because my horses need to be wormed and vaccinated. I worm my horses once a month, all of them. I 6-way once a year and 4-way once, all my horses. The ones going up and down the road get flu/rhino 1 or 2 more times. My horses also practically live at the dentist school. And go to the vet for anything, yes, I am a hypochondriac.
The first reason I called him was to get him to tell me what he did with her because she has a million and a half holes in her. She acts and responds worse than when we sent her. She is jumpy and scared of stuff now. My farrier even said she was acting like someone had been beating her. She jumps out from under you when you get off. Mind you, DX horses are super gentle from the get go and really easy to work with and train. Coco is no different, in fact she WAS too laid back. She will not work when you try to ground work her now. So his reason for her not working was that "I needed to quit getting trashy horses and learn to take care of my horses better"
He also told me I am not a horse trainer; I am a horse trader.
When I called him about taking my horses, he kissed my ass of course. He told me that he was not taking outside horses because noone does anything with their horses and that they always bitch. Now after sending him 4 horses, 2 of which he sent home after a few days, I know that he is not getting any outside horses because he does not do what he says he is going to do or take care of them. Not getting outside horses and not taking outside horses are two very different things.
After trying two different guys we have decided that I will start all of our colts. BLW is building me a round pen.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

yeah trashy and unkept!!!

~ The Rockin MLB ~ said...

I had to go back and re-read that post .. I thought you meant you sent the horse to Zach and he said those things about you, lol.

but it WASNT Zach