Friday, November 14, 2008

Paris is retired to the broodmare pasture

I ran Paris a Collinsville, Zaal Ranch. She had a smoking first barrel. I got her pasted the second and she tried to run to the alley, again. This problem is totally mental. She does it no matter what on the second barrel. You can run her left or right and she blows back to the alley leaving the second. I have seen horses do this before...They run good a few times, then blow off the second. I think this has little to do with soundness. I'm done. Brandon says he is done wasting money on her. She mentally wears me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you do with horses like her? I might have a friend who will rope off her. I might still start her over fences, but I don't know if her front legs will hold up. Plus, Im really busy with all my barrel horses. She is sound, and who cares if she isn't she should at least try. I'm just tired of being embarrassed. I have never had a horse like her. I love her personality; she is super sweet and funny. Both, things she was not when I bought her, she was a drag. Maybe she doesn't want to be a barrel horse. So, anyway she is "just" a broodmare, now. I will be breeding her to Versace(Dapper Dan Man) in 2009. I think they will have a super pretty, well built, talented baby.

We will be breeding all our mares to Versace next year. Gucci, Doodles, Ruby and Paris.......I already have names picked out. Gucci...IPH FASHION LABEL, Paris...IPH ANGELOUS, Doodles...IPH CHARMING MAN or IPH RICH N CHARMING, Ruby...IPH DARLING MAN or IPH DANS GIRL. No barn names yet....Coming soon.

No comments: